12 Weeks To Team Development Freedom
But it’s not always that easy is it? What do you do when people are working in silos rather than together or things just feel out of whack? What do you do when you feel like a failure for wishing all the problems would just magic themselves away?
You could do nothing. You could let the problems fester and grow and cause the whole team to be miserable in their jobs. You could talk to individual team members and hope that might go some way to fixing the problems – and maybe it will. You could call on HR to help – and they might.
Imagine if… you could take control and start waving your own magic wand.
Imagine if you could take it into your own hands and do something about it. You could target the issues in your team and help them develop solutions together.
You could help them trust and support each other, leading to more joy at work and better results and outputs.
You could build the team up so they know each other, share goals and want to see each other (and you) succeed.
You could make your job easier by having high functioning team around you.
You could develop the freedom to do team development yourself, rather than relying on others to do it for you. Doesn’t that sound good?!
12 weeks to Team Development Freedom will help you to;
- Build confidence to deliver team workshops that solve real problems
- Develop the skills to facilitate discussions that lead to shared solutions
- Gain clarity on how you can develop your team, both now and in the future
- Access tools and workshops to help you start your journey to team development freedom
- Learn how to design team workshops personal to you
- Turn your team into advocates for the organisation by helping create a positive working environment
- Enjoy a stress-free leader life by having a team that works together in a way that allows you to support them rather than fix them
- Develop the freedom to design and deliver team development workshops as and when you need them and be able to continue the learning after the sessions
12 weeks to Team Development freedom is an online programme for team leaders who want to take action and make an impact on their own teams.
Included in the programme is…
12 x online group sessions
12 x weekly live Q&A sessions
2 x ready made team workshops for you to deliver to your team
3 x guide 1:1s to support your journey
A community of support from like-minded leaders going through the programme with you
A framework to develop your own sessions
Bonus documents to help make things easy
Each of the 12 weeks will have its own theme and will include online group sessions, live Q&A, community support (from cohort and myself).
Week 1 – Getting you ready: your role as team leader
Week 2 – Getting you ready: your role as team facilitator
Week 3 – Team workshop 1 – getting familiar with content and confidence
Week 4 – Team workshop 1 delivery
Week 5 – Team workshop 1 review & evaluation
Week 6 – Team workshop 2 – getting familiar with content and building more confidence!
Week 7 – Team workshop 2 delivery
Week 8 – Team workshop 2 review & evaluation
Week 9 – Hot topic selection & design
Week 10 – Hot topic delivery
Week 11 – Hot topic review & evaluation
Week 12 – Celebration, evaluation & action planning
The team workshops you’ll run will include;
Getting to know you
Helping your team get to know themselves and each other better. Recognising how they can work better together as a result.
Setting a clear vision for the team and agreeing team values to support your work together.
You will design this session, with support from me as you need it. It can be anything from a 15 minute exercise to a half day workshop – it will depend on your own teams needs and your energy at the time.
Bonus documents help make the whole process as easy as possible for you. Some will be to support in the pre-designed sessions and others will be templates for you to use going forwards.
- Agenda, equipment lists and alternative delivery options for the ready-made workshops
- Question prompts for discussions
- Tips & extra tools you can use
- Templates to record workshop outputs
- Templates for agenda timings
- Workshop design template
- Team development needs analysis tool and guidelines
- Reduced rates for One Team Vision sketch-a-graphic to capture your outputs visually in a way you can share and display it
- Access to graduate group for continued community support following completion of the programme
Having learned some of the fundamentals from Cat, I have been using such methods with the team ever since and we now feel we are quite a well-functioning team. The new understanding we have of each other’s different strengths and motivations has helped us learn a mutual respect for each other, and we now find that rather than focussing purely on our own day to day tasks, we support each other to meet our common goals.
A really innovative way to learn about your team and for them to learn about you.
Having Cat on board brought clear direction, energy and pace to the programme and we saw huge benefits in terms of team morale and customer satisfaction.
I was just like you once; exited to be a team leader and eager to help my team succeed, both individually and together. Whilst I could access training on leadership models and personality preferences, I couldn’t find anything on how to bring my team together or how to turn the theory into practical applications back in the office.
So I did what I could, I tried things out and I grasped any opportunity to learn more about how to help people work well together. And one day I ended up leading the function doing this for others; helping other people’s teams function better, provide better customer service and enjoy work better as a result!
But I knew there was a better way; one where they could learn how to do it themselves, where they didn’t have to rely on someone else doing it for them, where they could be free to explore and create their own solutions.
And that’s what I’ve been doing since. Helping team leaders with team development DIY!
Frequently asked questions
Why would I want to do team development myself?
There are so many benefits to you doing it yourself;
- You can set the context for the team and the organsiation
- You know which members of your team need to be supported to speak up and which need to be encouraged to listen more!
- You can take action on anything that comes up
- You can continue conversations in the office, keeping the learning alive after the session
- You can encourage ownership of problems and solutions from the team
What is a 1:1 guide session and when do they take place?
It’s a session where it’s just you and me talking about whatever you need help with at that particular time.
There’s one early on around the time you deliver your first session to help you feel ready for it, or you can choose to have it afterwards as a way of having someone to talk to about the specifics of how it went – you choose which options is more appropriate for you.
The second is in week 9 and will help you select, research, design and prepare your first self-designed session. It will be guided by you in terms of which area you need help with at the time.
The third is in week 12 and is focussed on helping you plan the next steps for your team development journey.
Do I need to join the sessions live?
You are encouraged to join all the group sessions live so that you get the opportunity to ask questions and learn from others.
The Q&A sessions will be a live FB broadcast and you have the option to submit questions in advance, join live or watch back at your convenience.
What will be different at the end of the programme?
YOU will be more confident to design and deliver workshops, you will have tools you can use again in the future and you will have created an impact on how your team currently works together.
YOUR TEAM will have a better understanding of themselves, each other and you so that they know how to get the best out of each other. They will have a clear direction to help guide their decisions and the work that they do.
YOUR ORGANISATION will have a team who functions better, creates better results and are advocates for the business.
What happens at the end of the 12 weeks?
That’s up to you.
- You may choose to head off on your own adventure, feeling totally equipped to handle it all by yourself.
- You may want some extra guidance and support for 3 / 6 / 12 months
- You may want someone to do the diagnosis and design work for you so you can focus on delivering it
- You may still want someone to do it all for you and not use your new skills. And sometimes that’s ok. Sometimes you need an extra pair of hands. But at least you now know what you might want to ask for and can add your own stamp that way too.
Whichever option you choose, I’ll help you determine what’s right for you at the time.
I’m interested, but not sure if it’s the right fit for me.
If you are independent, driven, energised and willing to learn from new experiences then you are likely to be a good fit for this programme. But both you and I want to make sure that’s the case, so if you are in any doubt then let’s have a chat.
Maybe this isn’t right for you at this time, and that’s ok. I’ll help you make the right decision for what you need right now.
If you think this sounds like something you’d love to take part in, then let’s have a chat and get things moving.
The cost is £2500 per person for the full 12 weeks and payable in full to secure your place.
The next cohort starts on Monday 1st July.
There will be a cohort starting in September – register your interest to be the first to know the start date.
p.s. If, like me, you love to do things yourself, take action and see the momentum grow, then I would love to have you join me on this programme. I’ve made the programme bitesize to help you take small pieces in as you go and provide 1:1 guide sessions to help you choose your own path. I recognise that everyone has their own way of doing things and whilst I’ll show you some ways to approach team development, how you use and implement it will come down to you and your personal preferences. And that’s why it’s a guide programme!
I’m so looking forward to working with you! Don’t miss out.
If you still have questions or want to know more about any of my other services and products then feel free to contact me using the form or email below.