Uplevel your Google Jamboard game with custom backgrounds
So you’ve discovered Google Jamboard and are finding it a great tool to use with workshop participants.
But it can look a bit dull can’t it?
There’s one thing you can do that is super easy and will take your boards to the next level.
–> Add a custom background. <–
Just like the one below!*
A custom background has many benefits;
- Have a background that can’t be accidentally moved by people
- Have sections identified for different questions / answers
- Add your own branding and colours
- Make it look better than a blank screen
The great thing is that it is really easy to create too. Here’s how:
- Create a PowerPoint slide to use as the background (or multiple slides for multiple backgrounds)
- Save the slide/s as a png file/s
- Go to your Jamboard
- Select “Set background”
- Select “image” (last option)
- Browse for, or drag, your png file
If you prefer a video demo, then here it is – just for you.
You can use this in so many ways, here’s a few you can easily start with:
- Include your logo
- Add a prompt question
- Add a model, grid or framework
- Create a template for people to fill in
It really does make your boards appear much more engaging, professional and inviting.
Give it a go and let me know what you think!
*Oh, and if you’d like to get your hands on the Car Park board above then you can grab a copy via the Playschool product in the Toybox.